OFFICIAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
LAKELAND ESCAPE ROOM’S CORPORATE GAMES 2018, Mobile Edition
This contest (“Contest”) is open to all legal residents of Florida. Entrants may be asked to provide proof of residency prior to being declared a winner. This Contest is not open to employees of Lakeland Escape Room, or members of the immediate families of such franchisees, employees or agents and any person with whom such person is domiciled. This contest is not open to past customers of Lakeland Escape Room. This Contest is void where prohibited by law.
The 2018 Corporate Games, Mobile Edition contest period starts at 10:00:01 a.m. EST on March 19, 2018 and ends at 9:59:59 p.m. EST on May 11, 2018 (the “Contest Period”). The computer of the Lakeland Escape Room is the official time keeping device for this Contest.
ROUND 1 (Mobile Escape Unit trailer) must be booked and completed by 9:59:59 p.m. EST on April 13, 2018.
For participants that proceed to ROUND 2 by scoring one of the TOP 16 fastest escape times, ROUND 2 (Buildable Mobile Escape Room, Lakeland Escape Room Conference Room) must be booked and completed by 9:59:59 p.m. EST on April 27, 2018
For participants that proceed to ROUND 3 by scoring one of the TOP 8 fastest escape times, ROUND 3 (Tabletop Mobile Escape Game, provided to teams at the location of their choosing by Lakeland Escape Room) must be booked and completed by 9:59:59 p.m. EST on May 11, 2018.
There is one (1) prize available to be won by the team who, as of 11:59:59 p.m. EST on May 11, 2017, has scored the fastest escape time of all ROUND 3 competitors. The prize consists of one (1) Lakeland Escape Room t-shirts for EVERY winning team member, and one (1) 2018 Corporate Games Champion trophy. The first runner-up (2nd place) team will receive one Lakeland Escape Room t-shirts for EVERY winning team member and (1) 2nd Place 2018 Corporate Games Plaque, and the second runner-up (3rd place) team will receive one (1) 2018 Corporate Games 3rd Place Plaque.
Each Prize must be accepted as awarded, without substitution, and is not redeemable for cash.
• No cash value
• No refunds or exchanges
HOW TO ENTER
Visit www.lakelandescaperoom.com/corporate-games-2018 prior to April 6, 2018. After reviewing the Official Rules and Regulations, a team can register by clicking the Register button, and completing the Registration form. To enter the contest you must fill out the required information and fill in the information of all participating team members (up to 4). Payment of $250 is required for team registration. To be eligible to play, your ROUND 1 experience must be booked on a date PRIOR to 11:59:59 p.m. EST, April 6, 2018.
Each member of the registered team, upon request of Lakeland Escape Room, must present a valid Photo ID and completed waiver upon arrival for ROUND 1 of the Corporate Games. If the team proceeds to ROUND 2 and ROUND 3, participants may be asked to present a valid Photo ID again.
All members of a team MUST be first-time players of Lakeland Escape Room’s Mobile Escape Unit trailer, the buildable escape room, and the tabletop escape game. Any team member who is found to have completed or attempted to complete ANY of the above mobile escape units by Lakeland Escape Room will be not allowed to participate.
Teams can have NO MORE than 4 members, but can have as few as 1 member if the team so desires. The Team members that are on the initial online registration and registration for ROUND 1 MUST remain the same throughout the duration of the Corporate Games contest. NO SUBSTITUTIONS will be allowed. If it is found that a team made a substitution, the team will be disqualified.
If a team has more than 4 participants, they will be allowed to create more than one Corporate team at the price of $250 for each additional team.
DETERMINING WINNERS AND ODDS OF WINNING
1. The odds of being selected as the winner depends solely on the performance of a team relative to the other teams competing. A team will proceed to the next round or is deemed the winner based on the Lakeland Escape Room’s time-keeping device for the Escape Room.
Teams are ranked on the time it takes them to escape, if they do complete the room, OR the number of puzzles completed in the instance that they did not escape the room.
- ROUND 1 – The 16 teams that escape in the LEAST amount of time or have completed the most puzzles in the room, relative to their competition, will proceed.
- ROUND 2 – The 8 teams that escape in the LEAST amount of time or have completed the most puzzles in the room, relative to their competition, will proceed.
- ROUND 3 – 1st place, 2nd place, and 3rd place teams will be announced based on the amount of time it took them to complete the final game and/or the number of completed puzzles in the room.
2. During play, ROUNDS 1-3, each team MUST complete each puzzle in the room. If a room is found to be completed but puzzles are left unsolved or locks are left without being opened, the team’s escape time will be adjusted to account for the unfinished clues.
3. The Prizes will be available for pick up at Lakeland Escape Room, 308 E. Pine Street, Lakeland, Florida, 33801. Winning team and runners-up will be contacted to arrange for pick-up, either by the phone number provided upon booking or the email address provided.
4. Each Round will have a new set of clues un-related to the prior round. The NON-USE of the available clues will NOT deduct or add minutes from a team’s final time.
5. All decisions of the judges and the Sponsor are final and binding in all matters relating to this Contest. Winners will receive no compensation, credit or prize other than as disclosed in these Rules and Regulations.
6. ENTRY CONDITIONS AND RELEASE AND INDEMNITY: By entering this Contest, you agree to (a) fully and unconditionally comply with and be bound by these Contest Rules and Regulations and the decisions of the Sponsor which are binding and final in all matters relating to this contest and (b) release, indemnify and hold harmless each of the Sponsor and its affiliates, franchisees and related third parties, advertising and promotional agencies and each of their respective shareholders, directors, officers, employees, agents, dealers, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from any liability, claim or damage (including but not limited to personal injury, bodily injury, disability, death, copyright infringement, identity theft, privacy and defamation actions, misappropriation of likeness actions, property damage and loss or damage of any other kind) arising directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from or in connection with this Contest or your participation in the Contest or in any contest-related activities, or any breach by you of your obligations, or any use, collection, storage and disclosure of your personal information, or, if declared a winner, any Prizes (including the use and misuse of any Prizes). You will indemnify and hold each of the Released Parties harmless in the event it is discovered that you have departed from or not fully complied with any of these Rules and Regulations. This release and indemnity shall continue in force following the termination of the Contest and/or the awarding of any Prize
1. Neither the Sponsor nor its affiliates assumes any responsibility or bears any liability whatsoever in any way for (i) any participation in this Contest; (ii) any entries that are delayed, stolen, misdirected, lost, destroyed or damaged; (iii) any failure or slowdown of programs or software supporting, connected to or related to this Contest; (iv) any problems or technical malfunctions of any kind, including without limitation computer systems, servers, equipment or software, however caused; or (v) any inability of any winner to accept a Prize for any reason.
2. By entering into the Contest: (i) you hereby grant Lakeland Escape Room an irrevocable, non-exclusive, paid-up, worldwide license to reproduce, translate, communicate, distribute, edit, adapt, copy and otherwise use all or any part of the entry, including any photo submitted, for any purpose relating to the Contest or any other advertising or promotion by the Sponsor or its affiliates; and (ii) you hereby waive your moral rights, if any, in and to your photo in favor of Sponsor. You hereby agree that you shall not receive any compensation from the Sponsor in this regard.
3. Lakeland Escape Room reserves the right to modify, amend, withdraw, or terminate this Contest and to modify these Rules and Regulations at any time without prior notice, subject to applicable laws and, where pertinent, approval of local jurisdictions. Changes to these Rules and Regulations will be posted online at: Facebook.com/LakelandEscapeRoom. All Contest entries become the property of the Sponsor and its affiliates and none will be returned. This Contest is subject to applicable federal, state or municipal laws and regulations. The decisions of the Sponsor are final and binding with respect to all aspects of this Contest. The Prizes are not transferable or convertible to cash and must be accepted as awarded.
5. The Sponsor is not responsible for typographical or other errors in the offer or administration of this Contest, including but not limited to errors in advertising, these Rules and Regulations, the selection and announcement of winners, or the distribution of the Prizes.
6. Any claim or legal action arising or occurring with respect to the Contest, or the awarding, acceptance, use, or misuse of the Prizes, shall be governed exclusively by Florida law, and shall be resolved exclusively in either the federal, state or municipal courts located in Polk County, FL.
8. For questions regarding this Contest, these Rules and Regulations or Prizing, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. Sponsor/Administrator: The Sponsor and Administrator of the Contest is Lakeland Escape Room, 308 E. Pine Street, Lakeland, FL 33801.